Saturday, March 21, 2009

KC Door To Door Organics



Today was our delivery of produce from Door to Door Organics. I have some friends who are thinking about signing up so I took this photo so they could see what was actually in the box. This is a 'medium' box, and we substitute a couple of things. For example, we don't like grapefruit so instead of a couple of grapefruit this week we got some extra beets with greens.

http://kc.doortodoororganics.com

2 comments:

mamagotcha said...

This sounds great... seems a bit pricey, though. Do you feel you're getting a good deal for your money?

Jill Cook said...

I've been wondering the same thing, and to make sure that this was a good deal I figured the price of this list of food from Price Chopper, using the organic option if available. The price at Price Chopper would have been $45.39, instead of the $38 I paid KC door to door organics, and also if I bought the same things from Price Chopper only about a quarter of the items are available as organics.

I'm going to stay with it for awhile and see if we eat it all every week. I spent about 2 hours cleaning/slicing/otherwise processing everything yesterday after the box arrived and now all the produce is ready for us to use this week.