I made these to help Charlotte learn to read. They are printed on elementary writing paper, and I wrote the words with a black sharpie so that they'd be nice and bold. Then I took them to a local homeschool supply store and laminated them, and cut them out. I'm using double sided tape for some and sticky-tack for others as adhesive. I made about 60 labels for different household items.
Thursday, February 25, 2010
household labels
I made these to help Charlotte learn to read. They are printed on elementary writing paper, and I wrote the words with a black sharpie so that they'd be nice and bold. Then I took them to a local homeschool supply store and laminated them, and cut them out. I'm using double sided tape for some and sticky-tack for others as adhesive. I made about 60 labels for different household items.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
They look great!
Good idea. I have to ask though. Are you going to make Madeline wear her label all the time? :)
Bill got a little hand-held label maker for his lab equipment, but while it was at the house on the way to the lab, he labeled every drawer and cabinet in the kitchen. So Linc wanted all HIS drawers labeled, too.
Remember those colored plastic strip label makers from way back... you had to squeeeeze hard to press the letter's imprint into the plastic? I wonder if they make those anymore... I loved playing with 'em!
Post a Comment